Knowing how women leaders contribute to companies is good for business. And society.
Through data-driven research, I-WIL aims to increase the number of women leaders in society. Sharing insight into the competencies women leaders need to develop at the different stages of their career is pivotal to making this change.
Based on the data from the research, IESE is committed to designing educational programs to ensure future women leaders are prepared for the challenges ahead.
Lines of Research
Competencies of Women Leaders
- Objective: To identify the distinctive competencies of women leaders.
- Benefits for women: Include these competencies in personal and professional learning and development plan.
- Benefits for society: Increasing the number of women leaders. Companies and organizations benefit from their diverse perspectives and approaches.
Competencies of Women on Boards
- Objective: To identify the distinctive competencies of women on boards.
- Benefits for women: Targeting and developing the skillset required – and providing learning and development programs to hone them at earlier career stages.
- Benefits for society: Increasing the number women on boards. Companies and organizations benefit from their diverse perspectives and approaches.
Work–Family Balance of Women Leaders
- Objective: To identify and foster positive work-family habits in women leaders. I-WIL aims to encourage companies and organizations to take new directions with regards to women in leadership roles and their family responsibilities.
- Benefits for women: Training and development to transform the way they approach work-family responsibilities. Flexibility for work and family.
- Benefits for society: Companies and organizations making positive changes to their policies for women throughout the company.
Corporate Family Responsibility
- Objective:To encourage flexible – and responsible – leadership which benefits employee commitment and enriches their work-family experience.
- Benefits for women: Better working conditions which compliment family responsibilities.
- Benefits for society: Women are more appreciated and able to contribute to both areas – work and family – without conflict. Improves both results and employee satisfaction.
- Main research project: IESE Family Responsible Employer Index, IFREI. It analyzes the effect of work-family reconciliation policies and measures the effect on employees and the organization itself.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)